GCS has a Logistics Management Program, tailored to Logistics, whose main objective is to provide an in-depth, interdisciplinary training opportunity to recent high potential university graduates. The objective is to have the graduates do rotations in the core business functions, identify a perfect fit, and have them absorbed into the function. This is our way of increasing capacity and promoting talent development.
The program also has a well-set up course work schedule for the graduates to get in-depth understanding of the logistics business. The course work schedule has logistics modules built-up for easy reading and comprehension. This is fully sponsored by the organization.
Why Graduates would want to be part of the Program
At GCS we believe in career growth and personal development. In addition, we have a strong performance culture that is a foundation of this program.
For graduates going out into the world, the right start is crucial for clear exploration, establishment and growth in the career path. The GCS Logistics Management Programme provides a firm foundation for functional, managerial skills and business awareness development in the logistics industry.
The rotations in the business involve real opportunities, in a real full-time job in our Commercial, Operations, Technology and Finance functions. Each of these works differently yet they all come together for the success of GCS. The graduates will get an opportunity to find their best fit and secure their leadership track within GCS. The expectation will be to fully unlock potential, embrace challenges and deliver excellent results.
What we are looking for
- Have an honors Degree in economics, commerce, technology, engineering, or finance from a top rated University.
- Possess demonstrated leadership skills
- Have strong analytical skills
- Be driven and ambitious
- Be Fluent in written and spoken English and Kiswahili
- Be People oriented, energetic, self-motivated and a dedicated team player
- Have a Commercial mindset
- Maximum 2 years of internship and / or work experience
What we offer
- Experience with GCS, part of the Velogic Group
- Basic salary during the 1-year training programme
- Experience within our clearing, trucking, warehousing and distribution, finance, and technology teams
- Logistics education covering various relevant modules and certificate in the end